More News » News
- Larbalestier selected as a 2014 Materials Research Society (MRS) Fellow
- INNOVATORS RECEPTION - University honors top inventors, researchers for new...
- Campus in Action - Recognition
- Mechanical engineering undergrad newest Alpha Kappa Mu Honor Society...
- Florida Center for Advanced Aero-Propulsion unveils polysonic wind tunnel
We offer both the Master of Science (MS) and Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) in Mechanical Engineering. Masters students also have the option to major in Sustainable Energy. Additionally, the Department is a member of the Interdisciplinary Program in Materials Science through which students may earn a PhD in Materials Science and Engineering or a MS in Materials Science and Engineering.
To find out more about why we need your support and how to give, please visit our giving page.
Open ME contains instructional course media in the form of videos, presentations, slides, classroom notes, etc. The media can be searched according to course name, topic, and tags.
The department is actively involved in basic and applied research designed to solve both present and future technological needs of society. The major research activities are focused in four primary areas: dynamic systems and controls (including mechatronics and robotics), fluid mechanics and heat transfer, materials science, and sustainable energy systems. State-of-the-art research laboratories are associated with each of these areas. In addition, significant research is conducted in cooperation with the following:
- Center for Advanced Power Systems (CAPS)
- Center for Intelligent, Systems, Control, and Robotics (CISCOR)
- Energy and Sustainability Center (ESC)
- Florida Center for Advanced Aero-Propulsion (FCAAP)
- Institute for Energy Systems, Economics, and Sustainability (IESES)
- National High Magnetic Field Laboratory (NHMFL).
For more information please visit our research page.
More Events » Events
Mon, Mar 10
Fri, Mar 21
Fri, Mar 28