MSIE Orthotics & Prosthetics
Florida State University and St. Petersburg College have partnered to offer a graduate program of study leading to a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, with a specialization in Engineering Management of Orthotics and Prosthetics (MSIE-EMOP). Through this partnership, St. Petersburg College students who have earned a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Orthotics and Prosthetics can then apply and matriculate to Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Department at FSU to earn their master's degree, MSIE- EMOP. The first class of the MS program was admitted in Fall 2014.
More information about the program can be found at the FSU Office of Distance Learning web site: http://distance.fsu.edu/students/management-orthotics-and-prosthetics-msie.
Admission Requirements of the MSIE-EMOP program are as follows (also see Admissions )
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Orthotics and Prosthetics from St. Petersburg College with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- GRE scores: at least 151 Quantitative; at least 146 Verbal
- Prerequisites of this program: MAC 2311 - Calculus with Analytic Geometry I, MAC 2312 - Calculus with Analytic Geometry II, EGN 3443 - Statistical Topics in Industrial Engineering,.
- Three favorable recommendations
Application deadline is March 1. Starting the 2016 Academic year, the program is admitting students for the Summer semester and the application deadline is January 1.
Degree Requirements of the MSIE - EMOP program are (also see Degree Requirements )
- The curriculum of the MSIE-EMOP program consists of core courses (29 credit hours) and one elective course (3 credit hours), totaling 32 credit hours.
- See the curriculum for MSIE - EMOP Program for information on core and elective courses.
- Achieve a grade of "B" or better in each core course. Students not achieving a "B" must either retake the course or take another course in a related area that will be determined by the program advisor in consultation with the instructor of the core course in which the student did not achieve at least a "B".
(Students who graduated in Spring 2003 or before may have no more than one grade of "C" in their core courses.)
- Obtain an overall GPA of 3.0 or above to graduate.
Admission Requirements for the BAS Program at St. Petersburg College can be found at:http://www.spcollege.edu/opadmissions/
(Application deadline is May 17)
Degree Requirements for the BAS Program at St. Petersburg College can be found at:http://www.spcollege.edu/OPBAS/