- Ph.D., Rutgers, New Brunswick, NJ, 2002
- Doctor of Engineering, Tsinghua, Beijing, 1994
- Smart Grids
- Security of Cyber Physical Systems
- Wireless Sensor Networks
Dr. Ming Yu received his Doctor of Engineering from Tsinghua University, Beijing, in 1994, and Ph.D. from Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, in 2002, all in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
He is an associate professor in the Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Florida A&M University (FAMU) and Florida State University (FSU) College of Engineering, Tallahassee, FL. He joined the ECE Dept. in August 2006. During August 2003 – July 2006, he was an assistant professor in the Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, State University of New York (SUNY) at Binghamton. Before that he was a senior technical staff member in AT&T Labs, NJ and other companies for about six years, on the projects of AT&T Network Service With Expert Rule (ANSWER), ATM Network Performance Measurement and Traffic Modeling, and IP/Data Network Fault Management Systems. His research on wireless sensor networks was funded by the Army R&D Center, Fort Monmouth, NJ. Currently, he works on a smart grid project "Future Renewable Electrical Energy Distribution Management Systems", funded by NSF ERC. His research on the security of cyber physical systems in ITS has been funded by Florida DOT.
Dr. Yu has served as NSF IT Research Panelist 2004 and NSF Cyber Trust Panelist 2005. He has been reviewer for IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking, IEEE Trans. on Communications, IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, IEEE Trans. on Antenna and Propagations, IEEE GLOBECOM, ICC, WCNC, and other conferences. He was the financial chair of the 2006 IEEE IWAT and TPC members and session chairs for many IEEE conferences. Recently, he serves as a guest editor for a special issue of the Int. Journal of Wireless and Mobile Computing.
Dr. Yu is a senior member of the IEEE. He was the winner of the IEEE Millennium Medal, awarded by the IEEE USA on May 2000.
- Z. Cai and M. Yu, "Modeling and Simulation of Real-time Ethernet Protocols for Smart Grids," Int. J. of Intelligent and Control Systems, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 69-78, Sept., 2012.
- M. Yu, X. Ma, W. Su, and L. Tung, "A Joint Strategy of Radio Channel Allocation and Power Control for Wireless Mesh Networks," Computer Communications, (Elsevier), vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 196-206, 2011.
- M. Yu and M.-C. Zhou, "Performance Modeling of Industrial-Size Switching Networks with Heterogeneous Traffic," IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 1091-1104, Aug. 2010.